Ethan is doing GREAT!!!!! Ethan's surgery was a success. The Specialist at Riley was able to complete the Orchiopexy (bring down the testicles) and the circumcision in 4 hours. He was unable to do the surgery laparoscopicly and had to make a six inch incision vertically on his abdomen. The left testicle was a "surgeons dream" and came down effortlessly, while the right testicle has shorter blood vessels and was a little more challenging. Ethan has a glued shut belly and two "buttons" holding his testicles in place. Since the surgery was a little more challenging than anticipated, Ethan must remain in the hospital for two days for observation. All-in-all we are blessed for a very smooth surgery and do not worry Ethan's Mohawk survived the whole ordeal!!!!
It is almost 10 pm, and we are still going strong. It has been extremely hard for us today as parents. Waiting for surgery updates every hour seemed like a life time. As far as sleep goes, we do not even understand that concept. Our Ethan is our number one and he needs us more than ever. He is in alot of pain, so our wonderful nurses are staying on top of the pain before it gets worse. It is extremely hard to look down at your precious baby and see the pain they feel, especially when they just look "different". It is complicated to think that this is just one of the surgeries Ethan has to have in the first five years of his life, but we feel comfortable that it will always be here at RILEY. What they say about Riley is true, miracles happen here. Ethan is in the best place. Our main goal is to stay POSITIVE!
Ethan is beyond strong, after all he has gone through so far. We cannot wait to see him smile and hold him,... hopefully that is soon.
Thank you everyone for EVERYTHING. Especially praying.
~Nathan&Lisa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So glad Ethan's surgery was a success. I've been checking the blog all day to see how he is. I'm keeping him and you guys in my prayers!!! Give him a kiss for me!!
Love,Aunt Debbie
Praise God! I'm so thankful that he is doing well. He's one strong little guy. You guys hang in there. He will get through this just as you will too! I love you guys! Nickie
We cant wait to come see you guys! We will prob. come down sometime on Sunday if you are still there! My mom and I have been praying for Ethan!! He will be better and back to himself before you know it!
I am glad you have this blog. It helps us so much to find out how things are going.
I am so glad to hear the surgery went well. Praise the Lord. Please know that I am praying for Ethan as well as Mommy and Daddy.
Love, Aunt Janet
Post a Comment