Thursday, February 19, 2009

6 Months Old and Growing!





















































































Last Friday, Ethan turned six months old! Our Little monkey is something else! Ethan I swear recovering or not recovering is doing something new every single day. Recently, as of this past week Ethan is going through the "I want only Mommy Stage". This stage is darling but very tiring. If I am visible to where Ethan can see me watch out, a huge frown followed with his hands out crying to mommy. They say this stage lasts a while. Ethan is all over! One minute he is on the floor next to his playmatt, the next he is across the room. He is not crawling but has to be scooting or rolling to get where he is at. He is starting to pull up on everything, this is scary to us because he is getting to be such a big boy. Soon, Nathan and I are going to "Ethan Proof" the house, and I mean soon. Ethan continues to love Bath time, story time, and of course playtime. Here is what Ethan's dinner's consist of: some cereal, vegetable,and dessert.


































Ethan CAN EAT, that's for sure. We kind of gave into trying "some" number 2 foods already. Ethan acts like he always wants more and more. He makes the funniest noises when eating, he always is yelling emmm ummmmm. Super cute! Ethan has learned how to move his hand up and down a little bit, when we say bye bye. When we sing "patty cake" and clap our hands together, Ethan will copy with his hands together. He is so smart! Ethan is for sure teething, but has no teeth yet.
I know I may be jumping ahead but I have already started Spring/Summer shopping for Ethan. It is never to early to start shopping for the season ahead right? A couple of my recent favorite purchases are these adorable boat shoes and baby aviator sunglasses! Check them out!

















Since we have arrived home from Riley Hospital, things have been very busy for us. I think we have finally caught up on some much needed sleep. My parents have been so good to us. They have helped us out with Ethan's recovery and made many yummy home cooked meals for us. Thankfully, Ethan is back to being active again after surgery. At times he has moments of pain and will cry. He has been such a strong boy! This coming Tuesday is Ethan's 6 month check up, that means more shots! Poor lil guy! I will post how much he weighs and height next week! Again thank you all for your prayers, support, gifts, and visits!
Here are some pictures before and after surgery ...Enjoy!




















Ethan and Daddy taking a break on the road to Indy!
















Some Riley Hospital Pictures

The picture of us with Ethan in the stroller was mommy and daddy "Trying" to get Ethan to pee pee on his own. We thought if we pushed him around Riley he would relax and just simply "pee". This did not work but, it was worth a try.... we did mange to make Ethan smile for a quick second!






























Last Saturday (Valentines Day), we were at Riley helping Ethan recover. With everything going on I forgot it was that special holiday. Nathan went for a walk with his dad and look what he surprised me with! My favorite, A Carmel light frap form Starbucks whoo hoo and a sweet Joel Osteen book for Mothers. The book is very inspirational and helped me stay positive with Ethan! I Love my hubby he is so sweet and good to me!

2 comments:

mamaw said...

The pictures are great. He looks so good. So glad he is healing and recovering so well. Give him kisses for us. Kiersten makes the same noises when she eats. The mmmm mmmm just cracks me up everytime I feed her. Take care.
Love,Aunt Debbie

Anonymous said...

You guys our awesome!! It is so cool how involved you are with supporting PBS research. Keep it up, your son is adorable. So glad I had a chance to meet you!
Nurse Julie from Riley :)