Sometimes things just happen when they are least expected. Ethan is sick yet again. Unfortunately, our poor little guy has Strep Throat and another minor urinary tract infection. I can honestly say we did not see this one coming. Ethan did not show any signs of discomfort until yesterday-late- afternoon, of course this was followed by a very high temperature. He is now napping hopefully sweating off his fever. He is getting spoiled with love and everything we can do for him. I know with Ethan’s condition (Prune Belly Syndrome) it is very mild. We are very blessed by god. The urinary tract infection is already improving today and can be treated at home rather than the hospital (speaking of hospital I am so thankful we did not have to go yesterday). So, we just keep counting our blessings and tell ourselves this really isn’t that bad and it could be a lot worse. Please do not get me wrong it is so sad watching your precious baby go through a strep test, catheter, and a strong shot, all within an hour of time…..but god is watching over us and it is nothing we cannot get pass. Like I said, Ethan is already improving today. He is such a strong boy!
I am kind of bummed because I had so many fun post (s) planned for this week. I had pictures of Ethan playing golf with his new golf set (future golfer like his daddy???), playing b-ball with daddy, and the cutest pictures of him watching daddy out of the window snow plowing our driveway. I have other important plans now and that is giving endless kisses to my sweet baby boy!!! Daddy and I are just so heart-broken when he does not feel well! We are fine with the way god has made our plans this week, and that is focusing on our Ethan and our strength together as a family. Hopefully, Ethan will feel better for his first (much needed) haircut on Friday and Grammie’s (my mama) birthday celebration Saturday. Speaking of my mama HAPPY BIRTHDAY WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH!
I had pictures planned for her birthday post, but she told me it was okay lol! I told her don’t worry I will post many from her Birthday dinner this weekend!!! I have to go get caught up on everything before our Prince wakes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Awwww.....my poor baby Ethan, I mean my poor toddler Ethan, they aren't babies anymore, Lisa, can you believe it? I truly feel for you guys, what a bummer about him being sick again. Honestly, this winter has been worse than any I can remember in the past several years. I'll keep that little fella in my thoughts and prayers, and I'll keep you in my thoughts and hope you'll be able to keep your sanity, mama!
Lots of love and hugs and kisses from Jack and I!
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that Ethan is going through all that! I hope he feels better soon! One of these days we need to get together! :)
Poor guy... Give him kisses from us! We hope he feels better soon! Hang in there! Love you!
Poor little guy. I hope he feels better soon. Give him kisses.
Love, Aunt Debbie
Tell that doodle that auntie will come tomorrow to see him and give him his big boy haircut, even if i have to hire a snowplow to take me there! tell him auntie nan is on her way! mom told me you guys were acting like you were cutting his hair with his toy scissors and he goes " oh no! mine hair! " too funny
Post a Comment