I am happy to tell everyone that Ethan had his NG tube removed today, along with the two tubes that were draining fluids from his abdomen. Since last night Ethan has also been pulled off oxygen and his intestines have started to wake up, slowly but surely. We know that his intestines have started to wake up because he has had some nasty diapers, and when I say nasty, I mean blow-out, make daddy gag, nasty!!!
So with Ethan having less and less tubes everyday, what is next, right? Ethan still is on IV fluids for now but hopefully we get to slowly reinduce his diet to him starting tomorrow, because this boy is thirsty, and all he wants is wa-wa (water) and uicc (juice). The worst part of all of this is not giving bubby what we wants when we wants it (but no he is not spoiled), especially when we gives you the puppy dog face (it hurts, I know).
Ethan also still has a cathater in and this is probably the most important tube that he has, I will explain why. The catheter is draining all of the fluids from his bladder so that they do not sit in his bladder for long periods if time, to keep him from getting an infection. The will probably consider taking the cathater out on sunday, pray, but we will see. And here comes the most important part, when they take the cathater out Ethan needs to viod on his own a couple of times before they release him, pray. Now the tricky part is getting Ethan to void because his body tends to hold his urine after the cathater is removed and if this happens his abdomen will start to swell causing emense pain since his bladder was worked on as well. If this happens that cathater will go back in for another week, yes I said week, we will be here another week. As we all pray this week, lets pray for Ethan's body to return to normal after the cathater has been removed.
On the lighter side, Ethan has been up for most the day, started talking a little bit and even had a wagon ride today. Mommy said that there will be a picture post later today............
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment