It's Friday, and what this means to Nathan and I is that for two weeks we have been taking care of our weak, sick little boy. For 2 full weeks, we have been living the day hour by hour with Ethan's progress. Each day has been an emotional roller coaster, kind of like when we were in the hospital back in March for his 10 1/2 hour surgery. Honestly, it almost seemed as if, when we thought things were going good with Ethan an hour later we would be on our way rushing him back to the doctor, or the emergency room. Bless Ethan's little heart, his medications , no sleep, and doctor visits, have taken a huge toll on him. It AMAZES us how he still manages to smile everyday!
See, what was a minor procedure last week, became very serious. It was scary to us, and doctors, that a 20 minute stint removal and 2 minute bladder infusion, would make our little guy so sick. To this day, we still do not have answers "what really went wrong", all we know is that there are 3 possibilities what may have happened after his surgery last week. His team of doctors have even said, that it may be something else causing his issues, Only time will tell. We go back July 7th to Riley Children's for more testing on his urinary tract.
I will share what they "think has happened", if this is what is going on, that is. Doctors think that after his long March Surgery in March, mixed with his surgery last Tuesday, his urinary tract is still healing. Still healing can mean many many of things trust me. They gave us information of what could happen when your body is trying to heal and then something goes wrong or messes with it. I am going to stop right here, because there is so many medical terms and reasoning's of what may have happened. What we do know, is that hopefully nothing is damaged or obstructed at this point.
We also know, that after a very emotional 2 weeks, Ethan is doing so much better. I will say that even yesterday we had a scare with Ethan, he woke up from his nap and was screaming, and I mean screaming, in pain. Not a whinny scream "I'm just tired", a scream where you know with Ethan means pain. We called one of Ethan's doctor's and said we packed our bags yet again, but thankfully this time it was just normal (thank you lord)gas stomach pains from his heavy medication he is on. We have probably packed our bags 5 times, but thankfully only needed to use our bags a couple of times.
I hope that what Ethan has been going through, is just a bump on the road to recovery and now he just going to be okay. Although, it may seem like Ethan has been through so much, we are thankful it is all fix-able and minor. We are so thankful, we know Ethan could have it allot worse. We COUNT OUR BLESSINGS EACH DAY AND THANK THE LORD. We know that god is the most powerful person and he is the reason why Ethan is doing so well today! He made Ethan so strong for a reason, and I just know we will soon find out one day.
Today is a better day, and I am so so so so thankful I get to enjoy my boy. How did we get so lucky? I hope that my next post is full of fun. We are looking forward to this weekend, if all goes well, on Sunday we have so much going on!!!!
A BIG Thank You to all of you who have supported us, with Ethan's recovery. As I have said before, you all are a big reason why we are staying so strong today.
Some of Ethan's medicine is so strong, it has stained his hand.
We have done, and always have, make any bad experience and good one, when Ethan isn't feeling well. Here Nathan was making Ethan laugh so hard at the doctors. I will not even share some of the things I have done to make Ethan laugh...they are crazy!
Pictures from today, Ethan was so happy to be outside!
And flowers from one of my best friend's JUST BECAUSE....
3 comments:
Love Ethan, and LOVE YOU, Lisa! You are an amazing MAMA, and such a wonderful friend. It's so strange to look at those pictures and think that Ethan was hurting so badly, because he's such a happy and active kiddo. We will continue to pray for his health and well being, and sure wish we could stop by to play with you guys!
Love you ALL!!! xoxo
so glad he is doing better. love you guys!!
So glad he is doing better now. He is a strong little guy!! Much love and kisses to him!! I'll keep him in my prayers.
Post a Comment