Monday, February 15, 2010

Taking It One Day at A Time.......

Wednesday is Ethan's VCUG at Riley Hospital. Please, please, please pray that everything goes smoothly. It is not a fun test by all means, and is making us so nervous. Ethan had a VCUG back when he was 2 months old, so we have been through this testing once before. This time Ethan is 18 months old (very active toddler) and will be held down with a catheter and iv for a long period of time.

After we get the results back from this test (VCUG), it will determine if indeed Ethan needs surgery to correct reflux along with the abdiomnalplasty he is having done.

( please note: A VCUG is a Voiding Cystourethrogram. This test is done in radiology. It looks at the bladder (stores urine) and lower urinary tract (passageway). The technologist puts a catheter into the urethra. A liquid called contrast is put into the catheter to fill the bladder. The doctor then uses a large camera to take pictures of the inside of the body.)

We are going to take everything one day at a time from here on..... that's all we can do. Trusting in god is most important. I know Ethan is in god's hands.

We have been worried, stressed, and upset about Ethan's surgery. All we can do is pray and have faith in god and Ethan's doctors. I ask from the bottom of my heart to continue to pray for Ethan. Please pray that his testing goes smoothly on Thursday...and Surgery on March 1st.
I just look at my little guy everyday and know how incredible blessed we are. He is such an amazing little boy way stronger than I could ever be.......
Here are some pictures of Ethan in action playing today. I will for sure keep my blog updated after Ethan's Riley Hospital visit on Wednesday. Thank you all for your support:)



1 comment:

Nickie Eisele said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers! I know he'll do great! He's one strong little guy. Stay positive and strong. God will see you through. Love you guys, Nick