I honestly did not think I would be updating our blog with this information. Sad to announce that Ethan is sick. He has strep throat and an upper Respiratory Infection. We really did not see this coming (especially the week before MAJOR surgery????). Ethan seemed fine this weekend, up until Sunday night. He has been sick with this before, but for some reason this time seems worse for him. I want to ask why? Why the week before surgery? Why should Ethan have to be so miserable, coughing, vomiting, before a long hospital stay? Why cant I be the one to take his place? Isn't this week for fun and resting?
None of these questions seem to have answers. This all seems unfair, it really does. All we can do is continue to trust into god once again.
Many have asked if Ethan will still have surgery if he is sick. We will go back to Ethan's doctor a couple times before the weekend to follow his progress. So far, they think that he has time to get better before the weekend. We shall see. Please Please pray that Ethan recovers soon so he can get some kind of rest & fun in before surgery.
I am suddenly running out of energy. This is all very hard and sad. Surgery was one thing but, now a sick little man:( Hopefully, by tommorow we will start to see improvement.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I will continue to pray for Ethan and you. Just keep reminding yourself that HE doesn't give us anything we cannot handle. Ethan is one strong little boy! Hang in there, hon. Love you guys! Nick
WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!!! thinking of you constantly....we will see you next week!
I was thinking the same thing that Nickie said, God doesn't give you anything you cannot handle, and Lisa, you are one very strong woman, you can handle this, and Ethan most definitely can. Believe in his resilience, and remember that you are in good hands with these doctors and the countless prayers reaching God's ears every single day! We love you, and will continue praying for your strength and Ethan's health. :)
Poor Ethan!! Just keep reminding yourself that everything will be fine. He's such a strong little boy!! Hang in there!! I'll keep you in my prayers!!
Love,Aunt Debbie
Post a Comment