Sunday, July 5, 2009

Ethan's First 4th of July

The 4Th of July family gathering was held at my parents house. My parents had so much yummy food served throughout the day. They heated their pool, it felt so nice. The weather was a bit chilly and rainy so a heated pool was the best way to go. Ethan did not make it for our family fireworks show, he was way too tired. Maybe next year:) I thought the loud noises from the fireworks would wake Ethan up.... but I guess he was that out of it because he did not move an inch. All in all, we had a very fun 4Th of July.
Ethan all ready for Bedtime!

Saturday morning we headed to the 4Th of July Parade. Ethan danced and clapped his hands to the music. Nathan and I did not know what to expect from Ethan's first parade experience. We were worried that all of the people and loud nosies would overwhelm him...nope not Ethan. Ethan enjoyed every minute of the parade! Ethan loved climbing on and off his chair and waving to everyone:)
This is not my dad and Ethan dancing in the middle of the parade. No... not them:)



Early Friday evening my Sister and her husband Adam came over to do dinner and hang out before the 4Th the next day. During dinner Ethan needed to be changed. Well, not only did they NOT have a family friendly restroom with a changing table.... I did NOT have anything but a swim diaper in my bag. Of course Ethan had a huge 2009 blowout in his diaper so I had no choice but to change him into the swim diaper. Let's just say not a good ideal at all. I learned a huge motherhood lesson that evening:) Ethan peed through the swim diaper all over his daddy, thankfully we were paying our bill to go home. Somehow someway I found an extra diaper in my car. Note to self NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT DIAPERS!
Here are some pictures from Friday

This yummy festive fourth of July cake was so cute that Auntie Shannon made. Ethan had first dibs on it.... he decided to grab the cake and have fun! Ha!

Tiny chubby little hands....


Ethan and his neighbor Mason hanging out on a Friday afternoon.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Haha, I definitely know what it's like to not have enough diapers when you go somewhere!! I put a package in my car, just in case!

I love seeing all your pictures, I am so glad you and your family had a wonderful 4th of July. Hope to see you soon!

The Anglesey Family said...

I love that picture of you and Ethan!!! TOOO CUTE! And I loved his shirt! He is the cutest kid!!