Friday, August 26, 2011

Ethan is Growing into such a Big Boy , First Day of Preschool !!!

So many exciting things have been happening in our family!
~We found out we were pregnant!
~ My sister who has been trying for 3 years found out she was pregnant!
~Ethan turns 3!!!!
~We find out we are having a healthy baby boy and my sister is having a healthy baby girl!
~ Ethan has his 3 year old well check-up where we find out how HEALTHY and smart he is! His check-up went great!
And on Monday, Ethan STARTED PRESCHOOL. I cannot believe Ethan had his first day of school. It was a very happy emotional moment for me. Our baby is growing up so fast. It's so true how it happens, it goes so fast. I prepared myself the night before but it did not matter, as soon as I dropped him off I walked to my car with tears just streaming. I was just so proud of the BIG BOY my Ethan has become. I had my normal Mommy worries while he was at school, and of course I missed him like crazy, but for the most part they all seemed to fade away after picking him up from school.  My heart melted during pick-up time, when he ran up to me and my mom. He looked a little tired but was happy. He was so proud to show me his awesome art work he did (already being proudly displayed in home). I LOVED listening to what he did in school, and what he thought about it. I am certain we made the right decision to send Ethan this year. He was SO READY to have this next big step. I look forward to the next 2 years ( he will have to go 2 more since the cut off date for Kindergarten you have to be 5 by August 1st. His birthday is Aug.13th)  of preschool and hope it goes very slowly. I just know watching him grow and learn new things will be the best part of it all.  Below are Ethan  stats from his 3 year old well check -up and pictures from his first day at school.
3 year Old Stats:
43 Pounds- ( big growing boy)
41 inches Tall - (extremely tall for his age)
Ethan measured and weighed off the charts. This was no surprise to us, he has been growing like a weed since he was 2 years old. We are so proud of our future football player he he:)


First day of school, taking it all in. This was the most serious I have ever seen my Ethan. If you know Ethan, he normally is smiling so big and being silly. He was being such a big boy for such a big day. Totally Seriousness!!!!

Running to me after the first day. We love his teacher!!!

First Art Project to bring home. We already have a collection from his first two days. We are working on a huge bulletin board to display his precious art work.
After school , and of course a much needed nap, Ethan and I made cookies to celebrate the big  day. I wanted to do something special with my big boy. Ethan loves making chocolate chip cookies. We had a great time. I also made a Delicious pot roast for dinner!! The day went well!






Checking out the Airplane while eating a cookie, Life is Good!


Dora wanted to come along to take Ethan to Preschool ....

3 comments:

The Anglesey Family said...

Love this post! And LOVE the picture of the dog wanting to come! LOVE YOUR FAMILY!

The Knoll Family..Ryan, Ashley, Timothy, Lincoln said...

Awww Ethan looked so cute on his first day of school....so big and grown up :)

Katie said...

What a big boy, growing up so fast! :) xoxo