After 2 1/2 years of Ethan sleeping in his crib, we finally made the big move to a BIG BOY BED. Nathan and I agreed that we would keep him in his crib until he showed us he was done. Last week, for the first time, Ethan began to refuse to sleep in his crib. He was all about climbing out of it, and putting up a strike to not sleep. It was time, my baby is clearly a big boy now. He even tells us he isn't a baby anymore, and that he wants a big boy bed. We have the big- boy -bed talk all the time. Ethan and I even picked out his bedding from Pottery Barn together! He obviously is growing like a weed, so soon enough we would have switched his bed over to a bigger bed either way. So, this weekend we put together Ethan's Big Boy Bed. It was a very special time for all of us. Let's just say this big boy bed business was alot of work when it came to bedtime. It was a challenge at bedtime, but has gotten better each night. Ethan has been a really good boy and has stayed in his bed for the most part. We are so proud of him. The most priceless part it all, is when Ethan wakes up he jumps out of bed on his own, and comes to us:) Big change from picking him up from his crib when waking. Not going to lie, I became a little emotional when it was all said and done ( I knew I would).. As I watched Nathan and Ethan work on his new bed , I soon remembered putting Ethan's crib together when he was still in my belly. It's amazing how fast life flies by us. My big boy is potty trained, in a big bed, and going to preschool next year. Time will you please please slow down ?Either way Ethan will always be our baby:)
Here is a video of Ethan telling me, "Dear Mommy, I am not a baby no more". We had just put all his bedding on his bed, Ethan was super excited.
And some Pictures......
 |
| Ethan saying "bye" to his crib. |
 |
| Showing Dora his new "big bed" |
 |
| Saying good night to my Big Boy. No more room for a rocking chair:( |
 |
| First Night in My Big Boy Bed! |
7 comments:
Oh my baby is so big now!! His voice is so cute, I watched the video a humdred times already!!! love love xoxoxoxoxoxo
thats AWESOME!! now mama can cuddle with him in his own bed :)
Ahh! I need to attempt this! SO Scard! Congrats to you!
Oh my DOSH, so CUTE! Love him!
Love this!
Aw!! He's getting so big!!! Glad he's doing well in his big boy bed!!
WOW! I cried when I read this! You are such a great Mom, and what a big step for your sweet boy!
Post a Comment