Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Oh My Oh My Ethan is 5 months Old!!!

Oh my, oh my, Ethan is growing so fast. Our baby is already five months old. As I reflect on the past five months I pray and thank god for giving us such a blessing. Lately, I can not tell you all how much Nathan and I have been thinking about Life and Ethan. Nathan and I believe that life just does not get any better than being a mommy and daddy. Almost every night when we unwind from our day we reflect about Ethan and how much he changes every day. We talk about how special he is to us and pray for him. We believe Ethan is so perfect in every way, and we are so completely in love with him we cannot stand it! Ethan is on our mind every single second of the day!
Our little guy is rolling over constantly all day. It seems as if he is always on his stomach! Ethan is almost sitting up by himself. He grabs all objects in his way. After grabbing an object with hand or hands he can transfer that object to another hand... he has great hand coordination. His new favorite thing to do is screaming real loud followed with a laugh or a cry, depending on his mood. He also loves to do tricks with his pacifier. I promise you if you could watch Ethan with his pacifier you would be amazed with the flipping of it and the pacifier to mouth techniques. He is drooling like crazy; and is showing signs of being an early tether. He defiantly knows who his mommy and daddy are. I would have to say he is equally a mommy and daddy’s boy this time. He seems to want both of us either way. Ethan does extremely well when others are holding / playing with him. He defiantly loves everyone! His personality is so funny lately, we find ourselves laughing all the time with Ethan. I feel horrible saying this but I am the only one that can get Ethan to nap during the day…ahhh what have I started? He is almost sleeping through the night… maybe in a couple more weeks he will finally do just that. He is on a set schedule throughout the day which seems to be working smoothly. We are guessing he weighs at least
19 pounds if not more. He is huge, rolls every where. Ethan is eating pears, applesauce, and cereal now. He seems to always want more and more food so we have to give him more than what we measured + plus breast milk . Our baby likes to eat!!! Bath time continues to be a blast for Ethan. He really enjoys his bath ebee and baby Einstein books that go in water. His favorite shows can be found on the “On Demand” section on our TV. They are Ebee and Jacks Music Show. Ethan also enjoys singing and bouncing at church!
I cannot believe how fast Ethan has grown. He is such a blessing!
Recently, Mommy and Daddy have been painting and adding decorations to our house! Cannot wait to post those pictures!

No comments: