Sunday, September 21, 2008

Ethan Update!!!

Hello!! Hello! I could not wait to finally get on here and update our blog. It is so exciting our little monkey is six weeks old already. Nathan and I are loving our new family and feel blessed as each day goes by. We are all doing great. Nathan is in the process of closing his store Steve & Barry's and relocating to another one, so he has been busy back at work. If Nathan is not at work he is spending every minute with Ethan. I have been enjoying being a stay at home mommy. Ethan and I have had so much fun this past month with going on walks, shopping, and spending time with family and Friends.

On Saturday September 13th, was Ethan's Baby Shower. It was so much fun. My sister and mother did an amazing job planning it. I did not have to do one thing !! It was a jungle themed shower. My sister thought that would be a good ideal because Ethan's nursery is the same theme. My two close Friends Jenny and Ashley did really neat games at my shower. One was pass the dirty diaper.. it was so funny. Nathan and I were so thankful for all of the wonderful gifts and to enjoy the day with our close family and Friends.
Last Wednesday my mother and I took Ethan to his one month check up. Ethan's pediatrician was very pleased with how well our little Ethan is doing. He commented on how alert Ethan is for his age, and how well he can lift his head. Ethan was quite the show off for his doctor. My mother and I just could not believe our eyes. Ethan's nurse weighed Ethan in at 11 pounds 11 ounces and 23 inches. Ethan did receive his one month old shot, but handled it very well I shall say. Of course my mom and I gave him thousands of kisses and hugs to comfort him. As we were leaving Ethan's doctor's office my dad surprised us and was in the waiting room just to say hi and give Ethan a kiss. It was so precious. Ethan has been enjoying tummy time and his new toys. I love reading to him, and playing his baby Einstein CD'S. Just today he smiled when I said his name and I started jumping up and down. Ethan loves to make so many noises they are all so exciting to listen to. Luckily, Ethan is sleeping better due to our schedule we are trying with him. Ethan wakes up only two times a night for changing and feeding.
Ethan is growing so fast it seems, we love to watch him grow. Nathan and I feel as if Ethan is very advanced for his age. Ethan is truly amazing!!! I have to go now and post some recent pictures before the prince wakes up and needs his mama!!!

No comments: