Hello everyone..I finally have a chance to get on here and update how Ethan is doing, and a little how mommy and daddy are as new parents. Well, lets begin. Ethan in our eyes is the happiest baby. He only cries when he has a dirty diaper or needs to eat. With Ethan only being 2 1/2 weeks old we feel as if he is very alert and strong for his age. Ethan loves when we say "Ethan very softly next to his ear" and then kisses on the side of his face. Nathan and I have did this since an hour after he was born until now. Ethan loves loves to eat. He is breastfeeding every two hours or sometimes he can make it until three... but like i said Ethan just loves to eat. So far I have had no problems with breastfeeding and have enjoyed it. As far as bath time goes we absolutely love bathing Ethan."normally Nathan can only give Ethan a bath..but that's okay lol" It is our time to bond one on one with him because he is awake and moving during bath time. Depending on Ethan's mood he may or may not cry. After bath time Nathan gives Ethan his baby massage. This massage is really neat. It is a time that "daddy" gets to bond with Ethan one on one. Ethan's amazing nurse during our hospital stay showed us a demonstration one night in the nursery on how to give a baby massage.. and why babies enjoy the massage. Now as for nigh time... we have good nights and bad nights. Lately, Ethan will be fully awake around 11pm and not want to fall back asleep.. I will say this is the hardest part of the night, and we have been trying different ways to put Ethan back asleep. When Ethan finally falls asleep he wakes up every 2 to 3 hours for the rest of the night. I would like to say that lately i am extremely tired trying to adjust to getting only four hours of sleep every night. Nathan does a wonderful job helping out during the night, he is an amazing daddy. Ethan loves to lay on his daddy's chest... it seems like Ethan can fall asleep instantly. Ethan hates dirty diapers... and at times hates being changed in and out of his clothes. Nathan and I love to watch Ethan sleep... Ethan makes so many faces while sleeping. He smiles allot in his sleep. We are in love with his cries... they are so sweet.. Ethan has the cutest voice. So far, Ethan loves tummy time.. tummy time is where we see how strong Ethan is. He can lift up his head and move allot for a new born. When Ethan was in my tummy he moved liked crazy.almost to much.. this is why I know he is such a strong baby.
Nathan and I love being parents. We have allot to learn but will do anything for our little Ethan. We have been extremely busy with all of our friends and family visiting ...Ethan is quite the celebrity.. Last week my mom and dad watched Ethan for a couple hours while we could have a date night out for dinner. I checked on Ethan way to many times.. I missed him like crazy.
I will try and update our blog as much as I can with pictures and information on how we are all doing...... take care
-mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congratulations on the new baby! He is so adorable!
Congrats again on lil Ethan he is absolutely adorable!! You two will be great parents-I will get that pic sent in the mail asap. Love you guys and can't wait to see the lil monster!
Post a Comment