
Lil Ethan,
When I heard the news of you
I did the thing most daddies do
I opened up my heart so wide
For you to have a place inside
I tried to imagine the person you'd be
Would you look or act just like me
I thought of the things we'd do
The times we'd share, just us two
I would hold your hand in mine
Be your protector, strong and kind
I would be your hero and friend
Give advice on which you'd depend
I remember the day you were born
I cradled a miracle, strong and warm
What words I had were scarce and few
A tear was the best that I could do
Life gave me a moment so very rare
Bursting with pride, love and care
I promised you then all that I had
See, you are my son, I am your dad
When I heard the news of you
I did the thing most daddies do
I opened up my heart so wide
For you to have a place inside
I tried to imagine the person you'd be
Would you look or act just like me
I thought of the things we'd do
The times we'd share, just us two
I would hold your hand in mine
Be your protector, strong and kind
I would be your hero and friend
Give advice on which you'd depend
I remember the day you were born
I cradled a miracle, strong and warm
What words I had were scarce and few
A tear was the best that I could do
Life gave me a moment so very rare
Bursting with pride, love and care
I promised you then all that I had
See, you are my son, I am your dad
I would like to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers, Ethan and mommy are home doing just fine. We look forward to sharing pictures as soon as possible. Thanks again,
Love,
Nathan
No comments:
Post a Comment